SPECTACULAR VIEW OF THE MOUNT ROSE SOUTH SIDE AND MARGHERITA HUT
Elevation 2247 slm
Alpe Vigne Superiore - Alagna Valsesia
Capacity 12 - In winter: yes - 4 beds in the winter room
Winter opening: CLOSED IN WINTER
Summer opening: 2017: open 17/18 and 24/25 June. From 1 July open everyday until September 3. Open 9/10 and 16/17 September.
Half Board: € 55 per person
Half Board Mountain Guide IFMGA: € 30
Bed & Breakfast: € 35 per person
Half Board for children aged 6-10: € 30 per child
Half Board for children aged 0-5: free
The refuge consists of two buildings of two floors each.
The lower floor houses the bar and the kitchen with a paved terrace while in the upper floor there is the cozy dining room.
The second building is used as a dormitory with bunk beds; the rooms can accommodate up to 12 people.
Behind this building there is the landing place for the helicopter.
The hut is equipped with a hydro turbine which can supply "clean" electricity and heating to both the two buildings.
How to get there: leave the car at the Wold parking. During summer, there is a shuttle service to the Acqua Bianca Place: the starting point of the three paths 7, 7d and 7e that reach the shelter.
Alagna-Natural Park Shuttle Service
A shuttle service connects Piazzale del Wold with Piazzale dell'Acqua Bianca. (cost: €2 per person)
Service is guaranteed every weekend from 5th June to 18th July; everyday from 24th July to 22nd August and every weekend from 28th August to 3rd October.
- From 7am to 6pm no-stop service from Wold. Every hour from Alagna (Municipility parking) -
Tickets are available at Caffè del Centro Luisa or at the parking ticket machine. - Info Ph 0039 (0)163 922988
PASTORE REFUGE - BARBA FERRERO REFUGE
From Pastore refuge you reach the Alpe Fum Biz,Exhibition House of the Park; then continue following the itinerary nr 7 in direction to Barba Ferrero refuge. The first track is a gentle slope, initially in the forest then with breathtaking views on the Monte Rosa massif. You cross the river Sesia and then the path get steeper and you reach the shelter in about 1h.30.
• Capanna Valsesia (3400 m, 4 hours)
• Rifugio Resegotti on the Tre Amici Peak (3624 m, 4 hours - rope, crampons and ice ax are required)
• Grober Peak (3497 m, 3 .30 hours - rope, crampons and ice ax are required)
• Parrot Peak (4436 m, by climbing the South ridge and the East South East spur , 7 hours - rope, crampons and ice ax are required, medium difficulty)
• Regina Margherita Hut on the Gnifetti Peak (4559 m, by climbing Signal ridge, ore 6.30 hours - rope, crampons and ice ax are required, medium difficulty)